Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017
Part – A (Rules)
1. Short title and Commencement
-(1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from 22nd June, 2017.
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,
– (a) ―Act‖ means the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017);
(b) ―FORM‖ means a Form appended to these rules;
(c) ―section‖ means a section of the Act;
(d) ―Special Economic Zone‖ shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (za) of section 2 of the Special Economic Zones Act, 2005 (28 of 2005);
(e) words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Intimation for composition levy-
-(1) Any person who has been granted registration on a provisional basis under clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of rule 24 and who opts to pay tax under section 10, shall electronically file an intimation in FORM GST CMP-01, duly signed or verified through electronic verification code, on the common portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner, prior to the appointed day, but not later than thirty days after the said day, or such further period as may be extended by the Commissioner in this behalf:
Provided that where the intimation in FORM GST CMP-01 is filed after the appointed day, the registered person shall not collect any tax from the appointed day but shall issue bill of supply for supplies made after the said day.
(2) Any person who applies for registration under sub-rule (1) of rule 8 may give an option to pay tax under section 10 in Part B of FORM GST REG-01, which shall be considered as an intimation to pay tax under the said section.
(3) Any registered person who opts to pay tax under section 10 shall electronically file an intimation in FORM GST CMP-02, duly signed or verified through electronic verification code, on the common portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner, prior to the commencement of the financial year for which the option to pay tax under the aforesaid section is exercised and shall furnish the statement in FORM GST ITC-03 in accordance with the provisions of subrule (4) of rule 44 within a period of sixty days from the commencement of the relevant financial year.