CHAPTER I - PRELIMINARY, Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
An Act to make provisions for the formation and regulation of limited liability partnerships and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto . BE it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows: –
1. Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 .
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such *[date] as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.
* SO 891(E), dated 31-3-2009 as amended by GSR 549(E), dated 10-7-2012. – In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 1 of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 (6 of 2009), the Central Government hereby appoints the 31st day of March, 2009 as the date on which the following sections of the said Act shall come into force, namely:—
Section 2 except clauses (c) and (u) of its sub-section (1)
Sections 3 to 30
Section 31 except to the extent of its application in context of the ‘Tribunal’
Sections 32 to 50
Sections 52 to 54
Sections 59 to 62
Sections 63, 64 and 65
Sections 66 to 71
Sections 74 to 80
Section 81 except clause (b) to the extent of its application to sections 51, 63 and 64 and clause (c)
SO 1323(E), dated 22-5-2009 – In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (3) of section 1 of the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 (6 of 2009), the Central Government hereby appoints the 31st day of May, 2009 as the date on which the provisions of sections 55 to 58, Second Schedule, Third Schedule and Fourth Schedule of the said Act shall come into force.